Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Wonderful B'day

So, I am a year older now. Surprisingly, I feel younger! When I was in my early twenties, I used to think that being in 30s would feel not so good...you're growing old...you have responsibilities etc. But when I did get there, it is refreshing and definitely not old :-) There is one thing though - you are mature and you understand things better.

The day started at midnight, with birthday messages and calls pouring in. Well, actually, someone wished me at 11:30 itself, in advance! Then, I was woken up by Sid (my little bro) and mom with a birthday song and ice-cream with candle in it. He made a video of the whole thing as well, and mentioned very clearly that I have turned 31 now :-). Shiku was awake to wish me while Chunchu slept. The messages continued till 1 and I was glad, since it was after so many years (6, perhaps) when my birthday actually began at midnight!

I woke up early in the morning, to feel the fresh air, to see the day breaking and to listen to the chirping of the birds. It was cool and I sat in the terrace just to observe the beautiful day. And the only thought that came to my mind was "Thank you, God!" Of course, later I remembered to ask Him for a birthday gift too :-)


The whole day went by as I had expected - fun and laughter. I cut the birthday cake at office, with my friends. Of course, some part of the cake also landed at my face first, before the rest of it reached everyone's mouth. It was the first time ever that my birthday cake was applied on my face and I wondered how come it had never happened before!

There were calls throughout the day...wishes coming in from far and near. A wonderful lunch with kids and family, then a visit to family friends' house - all of it was amazing. Some calls were expected, some totally unexpected! Some old friends, some new ones...the day was made of lots of fun and laughter...exactly like I wanted it to be. Throughout it all, I felt like a teenager...and, there was icing on the cake too :-)

All in all, a good day! And I wish myself many more such days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.