Sunday, July 18, 2010

Interview, ketchup stain, and everyday life

When you don't even realize until you are 5 minutes away from the interview venue that you have a ketchup stain on your shirt...and when you don't know that you forgot the notes you were studying from, until the last minute...that's the ways of a mother :-)
Yes, I had an interview and my little angel had her coloring competition. The fact that she got a certificate (her first ever!) for the same was even more rewarding than the fact that I have been given a green signal for the next round!
While both of us were getting ready for our respective activities for the morning, Shiku kept insisting that he wanted to 'ulol' (i.e. color) too!
Wow...sometimes I just don't have enough words to express the kind of wonders I experience day in and day out with my little kids around. It is amazing how Shiku keeps increasing his vocabulary still sticking with his basic style - keeping the first consonant silent! So, mamma becomes amma; didi becomes adi (or unchu didi for chunchu didi); Siddhartha becomes ida and sometimes iddhartha; masi becomes aasi and so on. He can say the same consonant when it is not the first letter of the first word in his sentences.
Sometimes, you wonder - life seems too busy and sometimes tiring as the kids need you all the time. They are so dependent on you for small things. But you get scared thinking of the time when they no longer will be. Would you feel unwanted then? May be there will be other ways in which you'll have to care for them, but this dependence on you will definitely change.
Today Chunchu cried when she thought I won't come home till evening, but what will happen when she wouldn't care anymore if I was there at home or not? When long hours with books/phone/Internet will keep her too busy to worry about the time I will be back home...or when the kids will not need me to feed them, narrate a story to them, sing a lullaby to them...how I will miss this time!
Sometimes, when I have lots to do, and Chunchu and Shiku are simultaneously asking for my attention, these thoughts help me keep trying to maintain a balance...between their instant 'spur-of-the-moment' wishes and my 'can-be-postponed' needs.
This thought keeps coming to my mind every now and then...wish God gave me super powers so that I could be at two places at one time, or I would not need to rest/sleep..ohh I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.