Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting Drenched in Rain!

Rain is always refreshing; what is more uplifting is getting drenched in rain, and if you can do it with your daughter by your side, nothing can beat it!
Chunchu was a little hesitant, so I jumped in. As soon as she saw me getting wet happily, she ran to me and started to dance, run around and simply have fun while the raindrops fell on us. Before this, it wasn't a good day; too many doubts creeping into my mind. But after, I feel awesome and so refreshed. Chunchu and I played like kids, and I can say I haven't had so much fun in a while now.
We tried to entice Shiku into the madness with us, but he had just woken up from his afternoon nap, so wasn't in a mood. He tried to hide himself in my arms, as I encouraged him to enjoy the downpour. But then, he refused. That didn't stop Chunchu from continuing her fun for another 20 min.
The most amazing thing is - as Chunchu hugged me after we were inside the house again and I was feeling grateful to her bringing out the child in me, she thanked me for being a good mom. Actually, she looked around and saw I was the only mom who was out there with her child, doing the crazy thing of being one herself, so she felt it was something unusual and she ought to thank me. Well, I said to her, "I am a good mom, 'cause you are such a good daughter."
On that note, I've to get back to her. She is back to her small every day demands :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.