Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 is here :-)

First of all, a very Happy New Year to all!

The year that passed was a very interesting one...it brought many changes with it...changes in my life, and within me. There are things that have evolved over a period of time, and I am glad that I am able to see life in a different way. Perhaps, it is just the wisdom coming with age :-)

Last night, to end the year with something good, I did something I like...what else...read a book! This one was again by an Indian author and it was called 'It Happened that Night'. It is about a love story in the Ahmedabad riots. It is a good read. When I was discussing this book with a friend, I just casually mentioned to him that I am really interested in reading Indian authors these days, perhaps to know what kind of books are published and are successful in Indian market. Somehow, getting my work published is the foremost thing on my mind. Anyway, so I told this to my friend and his answer was perhaps the best compliment I could get. He said, "I was reading this thing you wrote about having a bad day and I thought that this work does not seem like written by an amateur writer. It seemed like a work by a seasoned writer, hence you need not worry...your book will definitely be published." Well, may be he said because friends encourage their friends. But he said he meant it. It makes you feel wonderful when those who matter believe in you.

Of course, many of my friends and relatives have read and liked my stories, my articles etc. But most of them have just said something like that I wrote good etc. Yet there were some wonderful compliments in the past too, which deserve a mention here. A  friend had said that I should have been a writer, not an engineer, and I should take writing professionally. Then, another one had told me that I write so well that I am already a professional writer. One of the colleagues had recently mentioned that he liked my stories as well as my style of writing and he thinks that I should write more often. All these have been encouraging words that have inspired me many times.

So my biggest wish for myself this year is that I publish my book and it is successful. I want to hear similar comments as above, from strangers as well.

You know what could be the biggest compliment for me? When my children grow up and boast to their friends about their mom's books! That would be the ultimate reward. I wish!

So, coming to the new year 2011. I wish that this year brings more prosperity and peace to the world. I hope there are more constructive decisions made than destructive ones, across the globe. Coming to more selfish things, I wish India wins the Cricket World Cup (at least for Tendulkar's sake)! More selfish wishes - there is one more name added to the list of the famous writers of the decade :-)! My children are healthy, happy and prosperous forever! And last but not least, I wish that everyone gets loads of happiness and there is lots to spread around too.

To end this post with a borrowed quote: "There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." - Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.