Saturday, January 8, 2011

My First Car!

Today, it arrived...the much awaited and much dreamt of...my very own car! How we used to dream of owning a car when in college, but the day arrived 8 years after passing out of university and 4 jobs later!
The decision seemed to be an easy one, the factors being budget and utility; also, my not being that crazy about these things also helped. Yet later, it proved to be a very confusing one.
And you know what, for the past one month, there are only two things I noticed on the roads...how people drive and what they drive! Anything that caught my eye and made me think "do I want to be its owner?" culminated into a research about that particular make, its price, features, etc. But there were constraints (read financial), so I decided on every middle class car-buyer's choice in India...a Maruti Alto (I thought of going for a little higher version though, K10). Then, I told myself for a week that this car served my purpose, was affordable, and demanded very less maintenance. Then, one day, too many Santro owners praised it so much that I went to this Hyundai showroom and got the estimated price (quotation, as we call it here). But then, I thought, it is the same kind as K10, then why spent extra money on it? I was confused again!
Then, at one point I even dreamt of buying sedan cars, of course with dad's help. I went from showroom to showroom to get quotations for various makes and variants, getting more confused by each passing minute.
Yet, suddenly, the search ended on my first choice itself...no, not an Alto (that was a thought-out decision, but my first choice was what I bought finally)...the Hyundai i10. And, the color was what I always have dreamt my first ever owned car to be...red!!!
So, we went to take the delivery today...waited there for like 2 hours while the dealers engaged themselves in last minute formalities, and I was thinking "Wow...finally I am going to be a car owner". So we (mom, dad, Chunchu, Shiku, me and Prashant) brought the little beauty home and was I thrilled, excited, ecstatic...whoa! I am so proud of myself! Well, will be more proud when I fulfill the other dream...but anyway, today I am happy. So are the kids! And that is what matters most!
So...three cheers for myself...and a prayer to God - thank you Lord and help me pay off the loan fast :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.