Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Little Things...

Those small little things that make your day, the habits that you don't realize you have, the little gestures that give the bounce back to life...that's what I have been observing lately.

I noticed that since Shiku likes to drink from the water bottle that I carry on my commute to office and back home, I am habitual of leaving some water for him, even if I am thirsty and feel like drinking the whole of it. I love the way he rushes to me and grabs the bottle from my hand, and then gallops the water that I had deliberately left for him. I don't understand what I like about this routine, but I simply miss it when on rare occasions, Shiku is too busy to ask for my water bottle...in that case, I hand it over to him.

I am loving driving these days...I drive all alone...listening to songs on my phone...and I sing along...loud! Since there is no one to listen or disturb...I love it. And there's no one to tell me that I am a bad singer;-) I did not know that I would enjoy commuting alone so much :-) It is one part of the day when I am with myself and not even bothering myself with thoughts...most of the time, I am so focused at driving that nothing else enters my mind...

The routine goodbye kisses to the kids and the predictable way they both react to them...I love that too. Even if I am getting late for work...kissing my kids is something I never leave home without. And when Chunchu kisses me and says "Take care of yourself, mamma" or "Have a good day"; and Shiku copies her word to word (even the tone) feels awesome!

I love it when I cook a meal and my little angels hog it like anything, just because I prepared it! Of course, this bit sometimes makes me a little sad too...wish I had a job where I could have enough time to cook every meal for them! The other day, I made pancakes and they remembered how often I used to make them while we were in Doha...kids remember so many things!

I also love it when Chunchu and Shiku write on the walls. I usually tell them not to, but that's always a superficial advice...in my heart, I feel glad when I see their scribblings on the wall. And I feel even better when they manage to do it secretly :-) Am I spoiling my kids? Well, in this matter, I don't care :-)

Chunchu and Shiku sometimes move around the house wearing my footwear...and they flaunt it, they try to walk like me...it's amazing to see those little cuties running around in my high heels! I also love it when Chunchu wears my t-shirt and shows off to everyone...and the funny thing is she keeps asking me how can my t-shirt fit her :-P (Well, it IS oversized, but she doesn't notice that).

Then, there's is this another thing that I have started observing lately. Recently, I started sleeping with the window open and facing it too. I can see the moon through that window, and when the sky is cloudy, the moon seems very pretty...love the sight!!

I have been watching some movies alone...Friday nights, after everyone goes to sleep and there is peace. Watching a movie all alone is really something!

Enjoying these small things and I wonder...why do we run after those big things which are just few, when there are so many little things to give us happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments, please.